Today is the second annual #AskAnArchivist Day. The Society of American Archivists is organizing this day-long event to launch the celebration of the American Archives Month and help connect the public with diverse repositories in all states.
#AskAnArchivist is open to everyone—all you need is a Twitter account! To participate, just tweet a question and include the hashtag #AskAnArchivist in your tweet. Your question will be seen instantly by archivists around the country who are standing by to respond directly to you.
If your questions are specifically for the UCSF archives, be sure to tweet them to @ucsf_archives using the hashtag #AskAnArchivist on October 1st from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (PST).
- How do archives change lives?
- What is the oldest book in your collection?
- How can I donate materials to an archive?
- What is the name of the UCSF first female graduate?
- Why are archives important?
- What textbooks did students use in 1898?
- How old is UCSF?
The archives team will be waiting for your submissions. Click here to tweet.